Al's Pizza is committed to complying with Australian privacy legislation and to protecting and safeguarding your privacy when you deal with us.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
2. Some information provided to us by clients, customers, contractors and other third parties might be considered private or personal. Under the Privacy Act 1988, personal information is information or an opinion about an individual whose identity can reasonably by ascertained from that information or opinion.
Without these details we would not be able to carry on our business and provide our services to you. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities. The kinds of personal information Al's Pizza collects includes:
- contact details;
- financial information.
In particular, personal information is collected from people in the following situations by Al's Pizza :
a. if you contact Al's Pizza, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
b. when you apply for and/or establish and/or access an account or order products;
c. when you conduct certain types of transactions such as cheque purchases or refunds;
d. when you submit your e-mail address to our website mailing list;
e. when you place an order on our website to purchase goods or services we may require you to provide us with contact information including your name, address, telephone number or email address and financial information (such as credit card details).
At or before the time the personal information is collected by us, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of who we are, the fact that you are able to gain access to the information held about you, the purpose of the collection, the type(s) of organisations to which we usually disclose the information collected about you, any laws requiring the collection of the information and the main consequences for you if all or part of the information is not collected.
USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO OTHERS
3. We may use or disclose personal information held about an individual for the primary purpose for which it was collected (e.g. provision of our services, including administration of our services, notification to you about changes to our services, record-keeping following termination of our services to you and technical maintenance) - that is, to carry on our business and provide services to our customers.
We may also use such information for a secondary purpose related to the primary purpose of collection and where you would reasonably expect that we would use the information in such a way.
This information is only disclosed to persons outside our business in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection of the information, or with your permission.
In addition we are permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you:
a. where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
b. where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone's health or safety or the public's health or safety;
c. where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
d. where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
e. where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body;
f. where you have requested a service and we are required to disclose the information to an Installer in order to facilitate the provision of the service.
USE OF INFORMATION FOR OTHER PURPOSES
4. In order for Al's Pizza to grow and better serve its users, Al's Pizza collects information relating to customer businesses. This information includes but is not limited to:
- product information;
- pricing information;
- picture information;
- promotional information;
- end customer personal information; and
- business statistics.
Sometimes, this information that is collected and stored securely, is passed to external organisations for data analysis. Before any information is provided to third parties, Al's Pizza ensures all personal details are d-identified and transferred anonymously. This practice is fully compliant with our Privacy obligations to you. Al's Pizza also uses your personal information to collate statistics about the performance of Al's Pizza, which is used both internally and externally for marketing purposes.
ANONYMITY AND PSEUDONYMITY
5. You have the option of dealing with Al's Pizza anonymously however this only applies where it is practicable for Al's Pizza to do so, such as providing response to a general enquiry.
For most other functions and activities, we will need your name and contact information and enough information about the particular matter to enable us to adequately serve you and perform our regular business functions. In these circumstances it will not be practicable for you to operate under a pseudonym.
6. As part of Al's Pizza's functions and business activities and to promote the services we can provide to you, Al's Pizza may use personal information that you have provided to us for the purposes of direct marketing. Direct marketing includes, but is not limited to, sending to you e-newsletters and/or contacting you in relation to promotions and information about Al's Pizza products and services.
Generally, we will do so where you have expressed interest in receiving such information. You can opt out of receiving direct marketing communications by sending an email to Al's Pizza Privacy Officer at Alspizza3131@gmail.com or using the 'opt out' link or details provided in the direct marketing communication.
7. Our web site may contain links to other web sites and those third party web sites may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of web sites that are linked to our web site.
Al's Pizza encourages users to be aware when they leave the site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
8. Al's Pizza places a great importance on the security of all information associated with our customers, clients and contractors. We have security measures in place to attempt to reasonably protect personal information under our control from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. All personal information held is kept securely and that held electronically is held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
We employ appropriate electronic and procedural measures to protect personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. When you purchase from Al's Pizza, your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest industry standard 256-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology.
Access to your personal information is limited to employees we believe reasonably need to use that information in order to perform their roles in providing or developing our services.
You acknowledge that despite our best efforts the security of online transactions and communications sent by electronic means or by post cannot be guaranteed.
9. Personal information is de-identified or destroyed securely when no longer required by us.
AL'S PIZZA STORAGE
Al's Pizza takes all reasonable steps to ensure your information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities. Information stored within our computer systems can only be accessed by those entrusted with authority and computer network password sanctions. You are responsible for keeping your passwords and/or account information secret.
THIRD PARTY STORAGE
Al's Pizza may retain the information you provide including your contact and credit card details to enable us to verify transactions and customer details, to allow you to process any future transactions you may wish to make, and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes. In order to store this information, Al's Pizza uses a third party. This information is provided to the user before the credit information is input, including the terms and conditions of the third party. The user, in continuing with the transaction and providing credit details, consents to the passing of this information to the third party for storage.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect users' personal information, Al's Pizza cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk. Once Al's Pizza receives your transmission, it makes every reasonable effort to ensure its security on our systems.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
10. Al's Pizza is committed to and takes reasonable steps to maintain accurate, timely, relevant, complete and appropriate information about our customers, clients and website users.
You may request access to personal information about you held by Al's Pizza. Requests for access to your personal information should be made to:
Al's Pizza Privacy Officer
1 Brentford Square, Forest Hill, 3131
(03) 9848 3666
Verification of identity is required with a request to access (or update) personal information so that we can ensure your personal information is disclosed only to you.
Inaccurate information will be corrected upon receiving advice from you.
If we refuse to provide you with access to or correct the personal information held about you by us, then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
Al's Pizza will respond to any requests for access or correction within a reasonable time of receipt of the request, but by no later than 30 days of the request being received.
11. If you have a question or complaint about our Privacy Policies or Al's Pizza's collection, use or safe disposal or destruction of your personal information, your feedback should be directed in the first instance to Al's Pizza' Privacy Officer at the contact details set out at clause 0 of this policy.
We will promptly investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve the matter. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure or we have not responded to you with a determination within 30 days then you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
1300 363 992
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA
12. We may disclose your personal information to our related bodies corporate and external service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of Australia, including the following:
1. our data hosting and Cloud-based IT service providers; and
2. other external service providers located in the United States of America.
13. Al's Pizza collects information from the site using "IP files".
When you visit the Al's Pizza site to read, browse or download information, our system will record or log your IP address (the address which identifies your computer on the internet and which is automatically recognised by our web server), date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and any information downloaded. This information will only be used for the purpose of site analysis and to help us offer you improved online service. We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of Internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our Web Sites.
You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our Web Sites.
Should you wish to read more information on privacy legislation or the
Australian Privacy Principles we recommend that you visit the web-site of
the office of the Australian Information Commissioner at